I make my own Almond Bark using 85% Green & Black’s Dark Chocolate.
Preheat the oven to 350F
– 3 bars of chocolate (300 grams broken into little squares or chunks for easier melting)
– 1-2 cups of almonds
– Sea Salt
– boiling water
– cookie sheet or pizza tray (I use a pizza tray)
– glass bowl
– sauce pan
– paper towel
– parchment paper
– wooden spoon
1. Place the almonds onto a cookie sheet or pizza tray lined with parchment paper in the oven for 8-10 minutes (8 if almonds are fresh)
2. While the almonds bake, pour the boiling water into the sauce pan, and heat the pan to about 2.5 on the element. (do not burn the chocolate)
3. Place the glass bowl on top of the pan so that the round part is in it. Make sure the glass bowl’s interior is completely dry before adding chocolate. If unsure, dry it with paper towel again and again…and again
Congratulations, you’ve got a make shift double-boiler!!
4. Place the chocolate into the bowl and stir with the wooden spoon
5. Eight to ten minutes later…take the almonds out of the oven and let them cool for three or four minutes
6. Once the chocolate is liquid, pour the almonds into the bowl and mix thoroughly.
Tip: The parchment paper’s corners can be folded to help transport the almonds to the bowl
7. Place the parchment paper back onto the edged cookie sheet or pizza tray
8. Once the almonds have been thoroughly mixed, pour the entire mixture onto the cookie sheet or pizza tray ensuring the mixture is spread out evenly across the surface
9. Sprinkle the sea salt across the top of the now liquide almond bark to your heart’s content
10. Place this Pièce de Résistance into the fridge for 30 min if you want to eat it now now now!!!
For best results, leave it in the fridge over night or for a few hours to allow the chocolate to harden.